• In Metro Railway, out of 24 stations, 16 stations are provided with Panel Interlocking having semi-automatic signals, and rest 8 stations are fully automatic. Route Relay Interlocking system are provided at Tollygunge Car shed and Kavi Subhas Car shed. Electronic Interlocking (EI) is provided at Noapara Car depot for smooth inflow & outflow of empty rakes.
• To improve the reliability of Signalling system, all signals are LED type. Special type miniature LED signal have been provided in tunnel section as per RDSO’s specification.
• Dual detection through 224 nos FTGS Audio Frequency Track circuit (AFTC) are used for improving reliability of track vacancy detection system from Kavi Subhash to Dumdum Station.
• To improve the reliability of Power Supply system, Integrated Power Supply System (IPS) is available at all Panel Interlocking stations.
• Microprocessor based Data Logger System: Real Time Data Acquisition System Data Loggers are installed at all the stations in Metro Railway with two loop networking. The information about changes in Digital inputs and Analog Channel voltage are logged and transferred to Central Monitoring Unit (CMU) installed at Signal Control room of Metro Rail Bhavan through Front End Processor. The On-line and Off-line information can be seen on CMU and necessary software provided in the CMU generates the reports.
• Train describer system (Video wall) and auto train charting has been provided at central control to monitor and plan train movement on real time basis.
• TPWS system has been commissioned in Metro Railway on 20.02.14. It is a safety aid for the driver’s mainly to prevent passing Signal at DANGER. Line side equipment are commissioned on 26.10.13 and On-board equipments of all
AC rakes are commissioned on 20.02.14. Commissioning of all Non-AC rakes is expected to be completed by 31.08.2014.