Railnet System of Metro Railway, Kolkata
- Railnet Equipments are provided at 4th floor of Metro Rail Bhavan and connected to Railtel Corporation MPLS Router at NKG via 10Mbps Ethernet link through Tejas STM of Railtel Corporation.
- Main Ethernet connection is connected to L3 core Switch (DX – 3745) via Cat – 6 Cable.
- Firewall (Cyberoam – CR 100i.) is provided in the system. It is Identity-based Unified Threat Management (UTM) security features including Inspection Firewall, VPN, Gateway Anti-virus and Anti-malware, Gateway Anti-spam, Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), Content Filtering, Bandwidth Management and Multiple Link Management.
- L3 core switch is connected with other 03 nos. of switch which are provided at (a) 8th floor of Metro Bhavan(b) 4th floor of Metro Bhavan (c) 3rd floor of Metro Bhavan.
- Different Tenders of Metro Railways are hosted in website.
- User’s PCs are connected with the Switch via Cat – 6 Cable.
- E-Mail addressing: It is being used for Railnet mails. The email addresses of Officers of Metro Railway, Kolkata. Email address: email@example.com.